• Are you struggling with anxiety, depression, or chronic stress?
• Is it hard for you to talk about your feelings or needs?
• Do you have trouble finding or maintaining close relationships?
• Are you still suffering from an abusive or dysfunctional upbringing?
People seek counseling for many reasons. You may need support managing anxiety and stress, overcoming depression, building healthier relationships, learning to talk about your feelings and needs, or healing from a painful personal history. Whatever your goals are, I can help.
I believe in the value and necessity of self-exploration, and in over a decade of clinical practice, I've seen how individual counseling can lead to deep healing and lasting changes in our relationships with our selves and others. I love the process of getting to know each of my clients and learning how to give each of them the support and feedback they need to heal and grow, and I feel privileged to be with them on their journeys of personal growth. Please know, too, that I am an LGBT-friendly therapist and enjoy and value exploring how broader cultural issues affect our well-being.
If you're interested in starting individual therapy, some of the things I can you with are…
• Managing stress, anxiety, and conflict
• Letting go of depression, self-criticism, and low self-esteem
• Developing happy, close, meaningful relationships
• Building better communication and assertiveness skills
• Healing from trauma, abuse, or dysfunctional family experiences
• Exploring who you are and what you want from life